Ahh, GCSE Maths Algebra. Many a student’s kryptonite. Potentially daunting to begin and tricky to master. Or is it? We’d wager that after a couple of our revision posts, you’ll be ready to tackle those troublesome exam questions. From algebraic fractions to forming expressions, and from geometric sequences to quadratic graphs, we’ll take through the a – z of GCSE Maths Algebra…
- Top Tips on How to Study Over ChristmasWe’re here to help you make the most of your Christmas break while also revising! (Yeah, it is actually possible to do both)!
- GCSE Maths Resit Revision – Everything You Need to KnowWe know that you’ve probably got a lot of questions, worries, and concerns roaming about in your head right now. But let’s take a deep breath and figure it out together.
- The Edexcel Carrot and Tomato QuestionWell, in 2022, we had the Three Circles and this year, the Edexcel non-calculator exam perplexed students by throwing vegetables into the mix! The sneaky Edexcel carrot and tomato question could be answered in a couple of different ways but …
- Higher Maths Quiz GCSE – CalculatorEvery bit of practice adds up in Maths exam prep. That’s why we’ve made this Maths Quiz for GCSE Maths Non-Calculator just for you…
- GCSE Maths Quiz – Foundation Calculator PapersEvery bit of practice adds up in Maths exam prep. That’s why we’ve made this GCSE Maths Quiz on the Non-Calculator Papers just for you…
- GCSE Maths Non-Calculator Quiz – HigherPrepare for the first paper by testing your knowledge with these non-calculator maths questions!
- GCSE Maths Non-Calculator Quiz – FoundationEvery bit of practice adds up in maths exam prep. That’s why we’ve made this GCSE Maths Non-Calculator Quiz just for you…
- Quadratic Sequences QuestionsThese exam-style quadratic sequences questions will test your knowledge on finding the 𝑛th term of quadratic sequences. You can revise how to find the 𝑛th term right here or download our FREE sequences bundle.
- Changing the Subject of a FormulaDetermine the missing quantities in your study schedule with Beyond Revision and this tuition-style post, Changing the Subject of a Formula.
- Plotting Quadratic GraphsThis post has everything you need to know for drawing and plotting quadratic graphs, with example questions and diagrams providing support.
- Algebraic FractionsFind the common factors in successful algebraic fractions revision with Beyond and this informative post.
- Forming ExpressionsIn exams, you are often asked to apply algebra to a particular topic. E.g. The perimeter of a shape or the ages of people. This is called forming expressions…
- The Difference of Two SquaresThis guide has everything you need on factorising and expanding the difference of two squares. Grab a pen and read on…
- Factorising Quadratics When a ≠ 1Exam-takers, note-makers and revision-breakers, there comes a time in GCSE Higher Level Maths when you need to demonstrate a competent understanding of factorising quadratics when a ≠ 1.
- Geometric SequencesLet Beyond Revision be the constant multiplier in your learning journey with this walkthrough on geometric sequences.
- Graphing Linear and Quadratic FunctionsBeyond’s second Monthly Maths Mastery blog explores graphing linear and quadratic functions. Grab some graph paper and plot your next move with Beyond.
- Iterative Method for Solving Nonlinear EquationsWelcome to the first in our new series: Beyond’s Monthly Maths Mastery! To start us off, we explore the iterative method for solving nonlinear equations.
- GCSE Maths Revision: Finding the nth Term of a Quadratic SequenceA quadratic sequence is one whose first difference varies but whose second difference is constant.
- GCSE Maths Problem Solving Questions with AlgebraJoin the Beyond Maths team as they explore GCSE Maths problem solving questions, focusing on how you might use algebra to your advantage.
- GCSE Maths Revision Tips: Using Algebra to Solve Problems in MathsOur resident Maths experts share their GCSE Maths revision tips, focusing on using algebra to solve maths problems.
Tick off Those Topics with Teacher-Made Guides
You may be a KS3 pupil at the beginning of your secondary Maths education or a KS4 pupil aiming to reach your target grades in formal examinations. Either way, we’ll keep a seat warm for you here at Beyond Revision.
Each expert-written post has been constructed to empower you in learning the content of GCSE Maths Algebra independently. It provides a welcome compliment to your teacher-led school study or the perfect gap-fill for missing curriculum content.
Engage with supportive content that lays out the fundamentals of each topic before trying out a range of practice questions that are designed to equip you with the skills necessary for GCSE exam success.
When you’re ready, these GCSE Maths past papers should help you test your knowledge or, as an alternative, you can hop over to our sister site, Beyond Secondary Resources, to utilise the library of resources available to cover the topics of simplification, factorisation, quadratic equations, simultaneous equations, inequalities, graphs and sequences.