Why hello there! We’ve hand-picked a selection of trainee teacher essentials that we think Trainee Teachers will enjoy! Including insights from veteran teachers, tips and tricks for the classroom, and a cheeky bit of self-promotion from the Beyond catalogue…why not, ey? Below, you’ll find three of our most essential Trainee Teacher essentials, helping you to deliver exceptional lessons that offer you the headspace to be outstanding…something we could all do with, right? Further down the page, you’ll find our wider Trainee Teacher catalogue, with blogs on behaviour management, Beyond resources and more.
Trainee Teacher essentials ✨
- Workload Reduction Toolkit: 5 Ways to Reduce Marking Workload For TeachersGL Assessment’s survey of more than 800 school staff, found that “marking and data collation continues to be a major source of concern and stress for teachers in England”. Bearing that in mind, Beyond shares our workload reduction toolkit for teachers!
- The Ultimate Guide for Using Beyond Teaching ResourcesWhether you’re stocking up on a unit’s worth of teaching resources or looking for a single worksheet, we hope this guide to Beyond will help!
- The 90s School: Things Teachers Will Remember from Their School DaysAhhhh the 90s school…so many memories! The TV on wheels, hideously clunky 90s school shoes, sugar-injected 90s school meals. Honestly? We miss it all.
- Student-Teacher Relationship: 7 Ways Teachers Are Exactly Like Their PupilsWe teachers spend a lot of time moaning at our pupils for doing these things but can we admit we can be just as bad! Teachers and pupils are way more similar than we’d like to admit. Here are some examples of the teacher-student relationship and ways we are exactly like our pupils…
- Setting the Tone in the ClassroomSetting the tone in the classroom is not what some might lead us to believe. These 7 tips should help you in creating your ideal environment.
- Secondary Classroom Display Ideas with BeyondThe school environment can have a massive influence on your mood and motivation. This means your classroom displays directly affect how your students feel in your lessons. We all know that young people aren’t always the easiest to motivate but …
- Reading Aloud Benefits: 5 Reasons Why You Should Definitely Read Aloud in ClassThere are numerous reading aloud benefits that give your pupils the opportunity to listen to others read, become confident public readers and build their stamina for reading and enjoying texts. You should definitely encourage reading aloud in your classroom!
- KS3 Reading Books: 📚 Fiction for Reluctant Readers 📖Finding KS3 reading books that appeal to your class or form can seem like a daunting task. To save you time searching, here are five KS3 reading books for reluctant readers, from the Beyond English Team.
- KS3 Curriculum Maps with BeyondEvery school is required to follow the National Curriculum’s guidelines but creating a full KS3 curriculum map can be very daunting!
- KS3 Baseline Assessment with BeyondThe quickest and simplest way to find out where your pupils are in their learning is to have them complete a KS3 baseline assessment!
- Effective Classroom Management: Ways to Take Your Classroom From Chaotic to CalmEffective classroom management: the most elusive of concepts. This blog aims to provide techniques to help bring calm back to the classroom.
- Code Switching: What Teachers Need to KnowThe national curriculum aims for every pupil to learn how to use Standard English in writing and verbal communication. Teachers need to know that treating the features of non-standard dialects as if they are “errors” does not guarantee that pupils will suddenly start speaking or writing in standard English.
- Building Your Teacher NetworkIf connecting with like-minded professionals sounds good to you, here is an online teacher network or two that you should check out!
- Blurting Revision: The Technique that Actually WorksWith the cancellation of the 2021 GCSE exams confirmed many schools are opting to replace them with mock exams. Exam revision is just as important as it was in former years. So why not add blurting revision to your teacher tool box?
- Beyond Secondary YouTube PlaylistsBeyond Secondary’s YouTube playlists consist of short, informative videos that are perfect to use as part of classroom learning and revision.
- Active Listening Techniques for TeachersBeyond explores some active listening techniques to help Secondary teachers become better listeners in and out of the classroom.
- 5 Tips for Building LGBTQ+ Inclusivity in the ClassroomWe’ve come a long way in supporting the LGBTQ+ community but there’s still room for improvement – starting with inclusivity in the classroom.